CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

We support our troops!

This time around I will be very careful in what I say here. However, I will say that I get so angry when I see people on the side of the road protesting the war. Our men in uniform CHOSE to be there to fight for YOUR freedom. If you want to stand on the side of the road with signs, let them say, "We support our troops" or "Thank you for your sacrifice. We're behind you 100%" I have had friends and relatives in Iraq and they themselves have told me how much it hurts them to turn on the news and see all the people with their signs protesting the war. Our troops are willing to die for those people. They have chosen to leave their families, friends, and the comforts of home to fight for YOUR freedom. Let's support them! They believe in what they're doing over there. They believe in this war. Trust me, I have my own opinions on the war and whether we should be there or not and all of that stuff. One thing is constant though. I will support them no matter what in any way I can. I am a part of the 'Adopt a US soldier' Program. www.adoptaussoldier.org. It's a volunteer based program for people stateside to find a soldier and write him/her letters, send them packages, and just make them feel loved and appreciated. It's such a small sacrifice compared to theirs. The poem that I am posting here is one that my friend wrote and kept in the pocket of his uniform the whole time he was in Iraq.

For all the free people that still protest, you're welcome,
We protect you, and you are protected by the best.
Your voice is strong and loud, but who will fight for you?
No one standing in your crowd.

We are your fathers, brothers, and sons,
Wearing the boots and carrying the guns.
We are the ones that leave all we own,
To make sure your future is carved out in stone.

We are the ones who fight and die.
We might not be able to save the world, at least we try.
We walked the paths to where we are at,
We want no choice other than that.

So when you rally your group to complain,
Take a look in the back of your brain.
In order for the flag you love to fly,
Wars must be fought and young men must die.

We came here to fight for the ones we hold dear,
If that's not respected, we could just stay here.
So please stop yelling, put down your signs,
Pray for those behind enemy lines.

When the conflict is over, and all is well,
Be thankful that we CHOSE to go through hell.

5 comments:

gw2770 said...

Sherah, keep up the support. Our guys and gals know what their doing, but they need the support of those back home.

It was much worse back in my day when the men were coming home from Vietnam, but it still hurts to see these protesters filled with hatred born of confusion and ignorance.

God bless America and her troops.
Dad

gw2770 said...

Sherah, while I appreciate you not wanting to offend a commenter, let me add my two bits about Muslim fanatics.

Yes, Jesus, the Christ, died for them. His goal was their salvation. They however, serve another and hate our Jesus. So much hatred in fact that they are not only willing to kill any that serve Jesus, they are also willing to kill any of their own people who stand, or even get, in their way.

When we have truth, to cower to the comments of someone who disdains sacrifice, whether American or coalition, diminishes the power of that truth.

The Apostle Paul had no trouble disagreeing with the religious rulers of his day. The prophets of God took bold stances in their day. The prophet Elijah had no problem mocking Baal. I have no problem being critical of a false religion that chooses hatred over love, death over life and especially bondage over liberty.

All these things Christ died that you and I, and the Muslims, might have.

To truly be a witness of God's power and glory, we must be willing to stand in the face of opposition to His power, glory and grace.

Can I get a witness?

Love ya,
Dad

Jolene Harris said...

I came over to your post via Jana Allard's site. I read your comment on her blog and thought I would check out your site. Sis. Allard is my Pastor's wife and a great lady she is.

This is a Great Post! I agree with you 100%. I too support our troops and feel that even though one does not agree with the war they should at least support those who are fighting for our freedom. The poem says it all.

marisa luke said...

Hi Sherah! Good to hear from you! It was gorgeous at the beach that day- I got some really good pictures!

Jerrin said...

Our men and women in uniform deserve our full support!