CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 7, 2008

No greater love

I've really been hit by the revelation of the greatness of God lately. He means so much more than life to me. My greatest desire is to live for him wholeheartedly. The song that says, "My soul desire, is to be used. An empty vessel, longing to be filled by you. My soul desire, is to serve you Lord. To do your perfect will. To work each day until, your kingdom comes. This is my soul desire." Since a very young age I've felt the Lord calling me towards the ministry. I lived for that. As I got a little older I went through trials like most teenagers but I never lost my longing to be used by God. I have begun to realize lately that the more succesful I am at living out God's will for my life, the more spiritual opposition I face. I have learned that Satan doesn't bother to attack our weaknesses. He already has a hold on those so why bother. He tries to undermine our strengths. There is many times I feel frustrated and overwhelmed by the attacks of the devil. In those times I look back at the many times I've helped make a difference. Then I think forward to the future and all that God has for my husband and I to do. God has given me a love and compassion for people. I don't look at ministry as an elevated position. I look at it as my husband and I living the lives of servants, not only to our pastor and pastor's wife, but also to all the saints whom we love very much. There is no greater adventure in life than helping to build the kingdom of God. We should wake up every day asking God, "How can you use me to build your kingdom today, God?" I want that to always be my attitude.

0 comments: